Companies face incredible pressure in global markets, in effort to survive companies must develop a competitive edge that will help sustain innovative business and empower information workers. Enterprise service-oriented architecture (enterprise SOA) allows a business to quickly build and modify processes that will thrive in the every changing market.
Enterprise SOA unleashes the untapped potential of existing business processes within and across company boundaries, making for better fit competition. Executing and deploying business strategies fast are essential in order for a company to satisfy performance goals.
Enterprise Service-Oriented Architecture is a business-driven software architecture that allows you to share and reuse services within your company and with strategic partners. With enterprise SOA:
- Business functionality is represented through reusable enterprise services
- You can compose new business processes for business innovation
- You can quickly modify business processes to achieve operational excellence
- You can automate processes to empower information workers
IT professionals are taking on new roles as enterprise SOA finds a place in companies:
- Enterprise architects implement enterprise SOA, enabling business flexibility. They have a broad organizational perspective that involves technical activities and other responsibilities that are more strategic and more like those of a consultant
- Business process experts compose, adapt, and deploy business processes by adapting and executing composition software tools and enterprise services